    Any idea's would be great.

    Thanks,

    Scott

    Guest, Sep 11, 2004

    Kelly Guest

    HTM/HTML Fix for Windows XP
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/html_association_fix.zip

    EXE and LNK Fix for Windows XP - Line 12

    To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
    and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
    right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Kelly, Sep 11, 2004

  3. Glad to see you're still around... I posted something about a couple of bad
    links on your site a couple of weeks ago... I think the subject line was
    "Kelly". I think you were taking a couple of days off so you probably
    missed it.
    I changed my sig line so you'd have something rlde to pick apart... :)

    "Kelly" <> wrote in

    > HTM/HTML Fix for Windows XP
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/html_association_fix.zip
    >
    > EXE and LNK Fix for Windows XP - Line 12
    >
    > To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click
    > it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in
    > Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

    --
    --- I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on disk somewhere. ---

    Menno Hershberger, Sep 11, 2004

    Ok, I was searching through the registry, and came to this area

    "[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell\printto\command
    @=hex(2):72,00,75,00,6e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,\
    00,20,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,\
    25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,6d,00,73,\
    00,68,00,74,00,6d,00,6c,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,\
    6e,00,74,00,48,00,54,00,4d,00,4c,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,00,22,00,20,00,22,\
    00,25,00,32,00,22,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,33,00,22,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,34,00,\
    22,00,00,00 "

    In my registry, it has this listed

    "rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\System32\mshtml.dll,PrintHTML "%1" "%2" "%3" "%4"

    should this be changed to what you posted, and exactly what part do I put
    into the string.

    Thanks again for the help, everything else was ok after looking at it.

    Scott

    Guest, Sep 11, 2004

    Actually, I must have pasted it to registry before I opened it. After
    restarting the computer, all the links were fixxed!

    Thank you for the information and help regarding this, it's much appreciated.

    Scott

    Guest, Sep 11, 2004

    Kelly Guest

    Moi, taking days off? Wouldn't my children and husband love that. :blush:) I
    run a Kelly's Komputer Klinic here as well, via our home (spelling
    deliberate).

    But as of late, have been very busy with the football and winter league
    baseball schedule of my 14 year old. That said, I usually catch the subject
    lines of Kelly and always answer, so who knows........ :blush:)

    However, post the new sig line again, I am game! <w>

    Kelly, Sep 13, 2004

    I had similar problems; program icons replaced by "generic" icons.
    Dobbel-click on these lead to error message like: lnk-file (shortcut) cannot
    be opened; choose file. Then browsing to the target exe-file, allowed in most
    cases the exe-file to be opened. However when the same exe-files was dobbel
    clicked directly (and not via shortcut) nothing happend.

    Kellys "EXE and LNK Fix for Windows XP - Line 12" solved the problem
    completely!

    But I couldn't do the repair quite as described: "Save the REG File to your
    hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can
    be viewed in Notepad by right clicking on the file and selecting Edit."
    Instead I had to right-clik the saved file (the .REG File) and the choose
    program by browsing to REGEDIT.EXE in the C:\i386 catalog and the click open.

    Jo

    Guest, Oct 31, 2004

    jjamesking9 Guest

    i have a problem my i have deleted a active html file and when i change
    wallpaper it appears active html file missing and bars like on my computer
    appears on desktop

    jjamesking9, Jun 1, 2010