    Vista, but my experiences with the very recent release of Acronis True Image
    2009 and reports that there are bugs in this latest release, I recommend
    passing on Acronis TIH 2009 for 64 bit Vista.

    oscar, Jan 14, 2009

  2. oscar

    Telstar Guest

    "oscar" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In the past I have recommended Acronis True Image for a good backup tool
    > for
    > Vista, but my experiences with the very recent release of Acronis True
    > Image
    > 2009 and reports that there are bugs in this latest release, I recommend
    > passing on Acronis TIH 2009 for 64 bit Vista.

    I paid for 2009...and promptly ripped it out. It is bug-ridden and even can
    lead to BSOD.

    Telstar, Jan 14, 2009

  3. oscar

    oscar Guest

    Same here. Acronis TIH 2009 created a pre-BSOD error message "fatal hardware
    or system software failure." I rebooted computer to stop the inevitable
    death.

    A workaround that helped me was:
    1) Turn off UAC.
    2) Reboot.
    3) Log-in as administrator.
    I was then able to restore and backup simple files but... access to TIH 2009
    was denied in the user accounts. I never had problems like that with the 10
    and 11 versions.

    I found other workarounds that would allow me to use TIH 2009 temporary but
    the problem is that one has to use workarounds for a new release. Plus when
    the computer is rebooted, the workaround has to be reinstated.

    Verdict: unacceptable.

    --
    oscar :)

    ....Right click is your very good friend...

    oscar, Jan 15, 2009
  4. oscar

    oscar Guest

    I purchased Vista in mid-2007, so I lucked out because I never had major
    issues with it like some of the early users.

    oscar, Jan 15, 2009
  5. I have been using Acronis True Image Home 2009 since November without any
    problems under Vista Ultimate. I have three tasks, #1 backing up my C; drive
    as an image, #2 - covering My Documents and #3 - Offsite (monthly) doe My
    Documents. I guess I am lucky.

    --

    Seymour

    Seymour Newman, Jan 15, 2009
  6. oscar

    Telstar Guest

    "Richie Hardwick" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:10:01 -0800, oscar
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Verdict: unacceptable.

    > Works GREAT on my 32-bit system ;-)
    >
    > Richie Hardwick

    I have 32-bit. After the BSOD, it told me I had an unregistered version
    everytime I rebooted and re-entered the key. Out it went.

    Telstar, Jan 15, 2009