    that I can ask for support?

    Thanks,
    Eve

    Eve, Jul 9, 2006

  2. Eve

    Paul Guest

    In article <>, "Eve"
    <> wrote:

    > Hello :) I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
    >
    > my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
    > keep
    > getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
    > reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
    > the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
    > that I can ask for support?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Eve

    The driver list is here:
    http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/digicamdrivers.php

    This is apparently a TWAIN driver:
    http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/V35_WHQL_050308.exe

    User manual:
    http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/images/V35manual.pdf

    And a MacOS 9 driver package of some sort:
    http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/images/sitfiles/V30-40-50.sit

    According to the manual, the CD has the TWAIN driver on
    it, plus some higher level software. I would try to copy
    the contents of the CD, by using the computer that was
    able to accept the CDROM. Then arrange to take the copied
    files, to the new computer and use them there.
    An ethernet cable and setting up file sharing, would be
    one alternative, to getting at the files you copy to
    the hard drive on the old computer.

    In other words, it could be that the CDROM drive on the
    new computer, is having trouble reading the CD. Copying
    the files on the CD, using a computer that can read the
    disk, may be your best alternative. If the old computer
    had a CD burner, you could make a new CD from the old CD's
    contents.

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 9, 2006

  3. Eve

    John McGaw Guest

    Eve wrote:
    > Hello :) I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
    >
    > my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
    > keep
    > getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
    > reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
    > the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
    > that I can ask for support?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Eve

    My psychic powers are weak today and I am unable to determine what the
    error message might be but my powers do tell me that anyone offering to
    help you will be doing no more than guessing unless you are willing to
    share the contents of the message with them.

    --
    John McGaw
    [Knoxville, TN, USA]

    John McGaw, Jul 9, 2006
  4. Eve

    Eve Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > In article <>, "Eve"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello :) I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
    > >
    > > my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
    > > keep
    > > getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
    > > reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
    > > the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
    > > that I can ask for support?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Eve

    > The driver list is here:
    > http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/digicamdrivers.php
    >
    > This is apparently a TWAIN driver:
    > http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/V35_WHQL_050308.exe
    >
    > User manual:
    > http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/images/V35manual.pdf
    >
    > And a MacOS 9 driver package of some sort:
    > http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/images/sitfiles/V30-40-50.sit
    >
    > According to the manual, the CD has the TWAIN driver on
    > it, plus some higher level software. I would try to copy
    > the contents of the CD, by using the computer that was
    > able to accept the CDROM. Then arrange to take the copied
    > files, to the new computer and use them there.
    > An ethernet cable and setting up file sharing, would be
    > one alternative, to getting at the files you copy to
    > the hard drive on the old computer.
    >
    > In other words, it could be that the CDROM drive on the
    > new computer, is having trouble reading the CD. Copying
    > the files on the CD, using a computer that can read the
    > disk, may be your best alternative. If the old computer
    > had a CD burner, you could make a new CD from the old CD's
    > contents.
    >
    > Paul

    Thanks so much for your help..much appreciated. I will try the links
    you enclosed. If they don't work; I will try to copy the files on the
    CD from my old computer.

    Thanks :)

    Eve, Jul 9, 2006
  5. Eve

    Eve Guest

    John McGaw wrote:
    > Eve wrote:
    > > Hello :) I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
    > >
    > > my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
    > > keep
    > > getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
    > > reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
    > > the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
    > > that I can ask for support?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Eve
    > >

    > My psychic powers are weak today and I am unable to determine what the
    > error message might be but my powers do tell me that anyone offering to
    > help you will be doing no more than guessing unless you are willing to
    > share the contents of the message with them.
    >
    > --
    > John McGaw
    > [Knoxville, TN, USA]
    > http://johnmcgaw.com

    Oops..the error message read:
    Autorun.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

    Information regarding condtion of autorun.exe when problem occured.

    Thanks :)

    Eve, Jul 9, 2006
  6. Eve

    Grinder Guest

    John McGaw wrote:
    > Eve wrote:
    >> Hello :) I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
    >>
    >> my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
    >> keep
    >> getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
    >> reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
    >> the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
    >> that I can ask for support?
    >> Thanks, Eve
    >>

    > My psychic powers are weak today and I am unable to determine what the
    > error message might be but my powers do tell me that anyone offering to
    > help you will be doing no more than guessing unless you are willing to
    > share the contents of the message with them.

    Why does it so rarely occur to someone seeking help that the error
    message might possibly describe the cause of the error? As it turns
    out, those messages only occasionally peg the source of the problem, but
    at least it's somewhere to start.

    Grinder, Jul 9, 2006
  7. Eve

    Eve Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > In article <>, "Eve"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello :) I bought a Vivicam 35 several months ago. It worked great on
    > >
    > > my last computer; however when I put the CD into my new one (Acer) I
    > > keep
    > > getting an error message; therefore unable to use the camera. I
    > > reconnected my last computer to see if I had the same problem, however
    > > the CD worked fine. Does anyone know what could be wrong; or a site
    > > that I can ask for support?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Eve

    > The driver list is here:
    > http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/digicamdrivers.php
    >
    > This is apparently a TWAIN driver:
    > http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/V35_WHQL_050308.exe
    >
    > User manual:
    > http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/images/V35manual.pdf
    >
    > And a MacOS 9 driver package of some sort:
    > http://www.vivitar.com/vivitarwork/images/sitfiles/V30-40-50.sit
    >
    > According to the manual, the CD has the TWAIN driver on
    > it, plus some higher level software. I would try to copy
    > the contents of the CD, by using the computer that was
    > able to accept the CDROM. Then arrange to take the copied
    > files, to the new computer and use them there.
    > An ethernet cable and setting up file sharing, would be
    > one alternative, to getting at the files you copy to
    > the hard drive on the old computer.
    >
    > In other words, it could be that the CDROM drive on the
    > new computer, is having trouble reading the CD. Copying
    > the files on the CD, using a computer that can read the
    > disk, may be your best alternative. If the old computer
    > had a CD burner, you could make a new CD from the old CD's
    > contents.
    >
    > Paul

    Paul; I just used the driver list that you posted..and it's now
    working. Thank you so much for your help :)

    And I do aplogize to everyone for the lack of information (on the error
    message)

    Eve, Jul 9, 2006