Acer AL1715 17" TFT - Auto config grrrrr

Reaction score
Hello to you all ;)

I have the above monitor and it's starting to do my head in a bit.
Is there anyway of either turning off the Auto config feature once it has set up the screen the way I like it.
Because I have to press the Auto button everytime Windows starts as it looses all the settings for eg.

The monitor does the following:

1. At post boot it Auto configures.
2. Windows XP screen appears it again Auto adjusts the screen.
3. Login windows appears it doesn't Auto adjust and I have to manually press the Auto button as the screen is slightly to the left and is blurred.

I have used the Windows PNP driver and it does the above.
I have also installed the Acer drivers for the monitor and again it does the above.
I have also tried setting up the monitor manually in the hope that it would remember the settings but alas not :(

I would really appreciate any help with trying to sort this small but annoying problem out.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Reaction score
Also I have a similar monitor at work I think its the AL1714 and once you configure the monitor it keeps all the settings when the machine is restarted.

I'm wondering if it's to do with the gfx card. hhhhmmmm could be.

Cheers,

Rich

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I also have the AL1714 and it keeps all the settings fine - it sounds to me like it may well be your graphics card...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Wave a 7lb sledgehammer in front of it ... it will get the message. ;)

:D

Reaction score
Sorted me thinks ;)

Had to go into the ATI Tools driver adjust settings so it then refreshes and does the auto config and then save setup and set it ti load at system startup. And hay presto :D

Bit of a pfaff just so that it configures screen correctly. Never had to do so much just to get it the way I want it.

Cheers,

Rich

Ask a Question