Accounts

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Third-Party Utilities' started by Kathy, Mar 31, 2004.

  1. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    Hi,

    We are running Exchange 2000 and everytime I disable an
    account it is showing up in my backup software as an
    error. We are using Veritas 9.1 Backup Exec.

    The error is telling me "The job failed with the following
    error: The directory is invalid."

    When I look into it the directory is it always the one I
    just disabled that day. Here is the message:
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Last, First
    [username] and its subdirectories.

    Does anymore know what I can do in the Active Directory to
    stop this from happening and how to I delete a mail box
    safely.

    Thank you, Kathy

    Kathy, Mar 31, 2004

  2. Hi - this isn't the best group to post Exchange questions - post to
    microsoft.public.exchange.admin for more help. That said, brick level
    (mailbox level) backups are not recommended practice - you ought to be doing
    a full online backup of the mail stores....if you enable deleted item
    retention on public/private stores for a reasonable length of time, and hide
    mailboxes for ex-employees for a bit rather than deleting them right away,
    you probably won't need a brick level restore. They're useless for disaster
    recovery, take up tons of tape/time, and as I said, you probably don't need
    them.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Mar 31, 2004

  3. Kathy

    Guest Guest

    Thank you so much, I thought I was doing a full backup, I
    will check this out and fix it.
    Have a great day!

    Guest, Apr 1, 2004