Account Lockout

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory' started by thesaint, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. thesaint

    thesaint Guest

    Hello,

    I have some problems with an account which is locked out every 20
    seconds
    I checked the account with the Resource Kit tool "lockoutstatus" and
    there I got the lockout time and the lockout dc
    After that I checked the event viewer of the dc to get the machine
    which is responsible for the lockout, but at the event viewer the field
    Source Workstation: is empty
    The event viewer entrys look like this:
    Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
    Logon account: u0ytf
    Source Workstation:
    Error Code: 0xC0000234

    and this

    User Account Locked Out:
    Target Account Name: u0ytf
    Target Account ID: MN-MAN\u0ytf
    Caller Machine Name:
    Caller User Name: MNDEMUCDC03$
    Caller Domain: MN-MAN
    Caller Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)

    Did anybody ever seen something like this?
    If yes, is the there a solution for this or can I get the machine which
    locks the user?

    Thank you

    Bye

    thesaint, Dec 22, 2005

  2. In news:,
    thesaint <> stated, which I commented on below:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have some problems with an account which is locked out every 20
    > seconds
    > I checked the account with the Resource Kit tool "lockoutstatus" and
    > there I got the lockout time and the lockout dc
    > After that I checked the event viewer of the dc to get the machine
    > which is responsible for the lockout, but at the event viewer the
    > field Source Workstation: is empty
    > The event viewer entrys look like this:
    > Logon attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
    > Logon account: u0ytf
    > Source Workstation:
    > Error Code: 0xC0000234

    > and this
    >
    > User Account Locked Out:
    > Target Account Name: u0ytf
    > Target Account ID: MN-MAN\u0ytf
    > Caller Machine Name:
    > Caller User Name: MNDEMUCDC03$
    > Caller Domain: MN-MAN
    > Caller Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)

    > Did anybody ever seen something like this?
    > If yes, is the there a solution for this or can I get the machine
    > which locks the user?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Bye

    What Event ID is it, 681, 680, 672 or 673?
    Does that account exist on your domain (u0ytf)?
    Is IIS installed on this machine?

    See if this helps.
    http://www.monitorware.com/en/events/details.php?details_id=25
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Q_21271896.html

    I found them by using Google looking up:
    Error Code: 0xC0000234

    There are more hits, see if they help:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Error+Code:+0xC0000234&btnG=Google+Search

    --
    Ace

    confers no rights.

    If you are having difficulty in reading or finding responses to your post,
    instead of the website you are using, if I may suggest to use OEx (Outlook
    Express or any other newsreader of your choosing), and configure a newsgroup
    account, pointing to news.microsoft.com. This is a direct link into the
    Microsoft Public Newsgroups, and it is FREE and DOES NOT require a Usenet
    account with your ISP. With OEx, you can easily find your post, track
    threads, cross-post, and sort by date, poster's name, watched threads or
    subject.

    Not sure how? It's easy:
    How to Configure OEx for Internet News
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164

    Microsoft MVP - Windows Server Directory Services
    Microsoft Certified Trainer
    Assimilation Imminent. Resistance is Futile.
    =================================

    Ace Fekay [MVP], Dec 23, 2005

  3. thesaint

    Paul Bergson Guest

    I haven't seen monitoreware before, I'll have to give it a try.

    Thanks

    "Ace Fekay [MVP]"
    <PleaseSubstituteMyActualFirstName&> wrote in
    message news:...

    Paul Bergson, Dec 24, 2005
  4. thesaint <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have some problems with an account which is locked out every 20
    > seconds
    > I checked the account with the Resource Kit tool "lockoutstatus" and
    > there I got the lockout time and the lockout dc
    > After that I checked the event viewer of the dc to get the machine
    > which is responsible for the lockout, but at the event viewer the
    > field Source Workstation: is empty

    The first place to check is Scheduled tasks, where there is likely a task
    using an old password. Of course you'll still need to find the source
    workstation.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP], Dec 24, 2005
  5. In news:,
    Paul Bergson <> stated, which I commented on below:
    > I haven't seen monitoreware before, I'll have to give it a try.
    >
    > Thanks

    Actually I haven't either, but it looks like a good tool and worth a try.

    Ace

    Ace Fekay [MVP], Dec 24, 2005
  6. thesaint

    ganesamoorthy