Access XP Runtime with Earlier Access Versions

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by William, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. William

    William Guest

    Hi All,

    I have received great answers to my posted questions.
    This is really helpful! Now for another question:

    I have an Access XP Runtime Application developed with
    Office XP Developer thatI plan to distribute. I know
    that there are definite steps for installing different
    issues of Office on the same computer. I did it on mine
    by installing Office Professional 97 first and then
    renaming all programs with the "97" suffix before
    installing Office Professional XP. This works fine and I
    can access both without problems. When someone is going
    to install the XP Runtime Application, do they have to
    rename any earlier versions of the Office programs before
    installing the runtime?

    Thank you in advance for your help!

    William

    William, Sep 5, 2003

  2. The SageKey (www.sagekey.com) MSI Wizard for Access 2002 avoids most of the
    problems. I did still have to create the runtime on a PC running the
    earliest version of Windows I intended to support, but I understand (from a
    post in a previous newsgroup discussion) that SageKey may have a workaround
    for that problem too.

    --
    Brendan Reynolds (Access MVP)

    Brendan Reynolds \(MVP\), Sep 5, 2003