    How to solve this. Why the owner.table is not maintanied and why the dot is
    replaced by understore...

    any work around>?

    abcd, Feb 21, 2007

  2. You can rename the linked table to anything you wish. I always use Access
    (L/R) naming conventions when naming tables, so dbo_customers becomes
    tblCustomers in Access (and in asp code).
    --
    Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
    http://www.datastrat.com

    Arvin Meyer [MVP], Feb 22, 2007

  3. abcd

    Van T. Dinh Guest

    Yes, I always get rid of the "dbo_" in the Linked Table names ...

    My SQL Server Tables already have the prefix "tbl" or "tlkp" so the Linked
    Table names look like normal Access Table names. The icons still give
    visual indication that they are ODBC-linked Tables ...

    --
    Cheers
    Van T. Dinh

    Van T. Dinh, Feb 22, 2007
  4. abcd

    abcd Guest

    Thanks. I was trying to give a dot (.) in the name which is not accepted in
    Access...

    My ASP page does not reach to the linked SQL Server table from
    Acess....where is the permission issue? Where should I look into

    thanks

    abcd, Feb 22, 2007