Access "Access Denied" Problem Copying *Some" photos from one computer to another

Reaction score
Hi,

This is doing my head in and i'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions what my problem is.

I am trying to copy some files from my Home machine to my Laptop via a network share. I have full permissions to the share and can copy MOST files, create new ones, delete files etc.

However i have a directory with photos from my Canon SLR and a Canon IXOS. The files from the IXOS are fine, i can copy/edit/delete via the share ... but the files from the EOS SLR are visible in the directory, but i can do ANYTHING with them.

Any bright ideas ? I've googled and can't find anything similar...

Andy

Reaction score
Sir, you are a star ....

I've disabled "Simple" file sharing and now i can see there is a difference in the security settings for the files i can't copy. The files i couldn't copy didn't have the "Everyone" group set. Bizarre why they would be different, the files were downloaded from the cameras on the same day via the standard Canon software.

Thanks again ... Andy

Last edited:

Ask a Question