Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM server

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server' started by Guus Ellenkamp, Oct 9, 2004.

  1. I get the above message for a long time with additional message: The user is
    unavailable. How to get rid of it.

    Guus Ellenkamp, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Hi Guus,

    I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of DCOM nor IIS, but I'll
    try to assist you to the best of my ability. Have you tried following the
    resolution steps outlined in the following article?

    290398 PRB: Access Denied When You Try to Start DCOM Server
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290398

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    Mike Rosado [MSFT], Oct 9, 2004

  3. Thanks, but it didn't do the trick :(

    Any other suggestions?

    "Mike Rosado [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Guus,
    >
    > I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of DCOM nor IIS, but I'll
    > try to assist you to the best of my ability. Have you tried following the
    > resolution steps outlined in the following article?
    >
    > 290398 PRB: Access Denied When You Try to Start DCOM Server
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290398
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps,
    > Mike Rosado
    > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    rights.

    Guus Ellenkamp, Oct 14, 2004