Access 97 MSI

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 MSI' started by Jody Stoll, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Jody Stoll

    Jody Stoll Guest

    hello,
    I've created an MSI package for MS Access 97 which works OK on Windows
    XP when the user is a local administrator. However I want the package to
    work when the users are standard users.
    The MSI installs OK with no errors but when you try to run the program
    you get an error which says

    'Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on this
    machine'

    I've searched MS knowledge base which says that user must be able to
    access HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses which I have granted through the GP
    Object and also gives another fix about renaming the hatten.ttf font
    which i have tried but makes no difference.

    Incidentally all other Office 97 programs work ok on a standard user
    account which are MSI'd
    Any advice or fixes would be most appreciated as this is becoming most
    frustrating.

    cheers

    Jody Stoll, Oct 25, 2004

  2. This is the hatten.ttf problem that you have already found.
    Just take a deep breath and start again!
    Anthony

    Anthony Yates, Nov 16, 2004