    failed later with the same error message referencing a Mid function.

    Does anyone have a fix? Thanks~~

    , Sep 7, 2011

  2. On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 09:22:39 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

    >I opened an Access 2000 database using Access 2010, and attempted to
    >run a macro that runs a set of queries. One of those queries generates
    >an error, "Undefined function 'Trim' in expression."
    >
    >An internet search of the problem suggested the file needs to be in a
    >trusted location. I made the folder on my C: drive a trusted location
    >but this did not help; I created a new folder on the drive and copied
    >the .mdb file to the new location, which did not help either.
    >
    >As a test I removed the Trim function from that query, but the macro
    >failed later with the same error message referencing a Mid function.
    >
    >Does anyone have a fix? Thanks~~

    This appears to be the very common References bug. Open any
    module in design view, or open the VBA editor by typing
    Ctrl-G. Select Tools... References from the menu. One of the
    ..DLL files required by Access will probably be marked
    MISSING. Uncheck it, recheck it, close and open Access.

    If none are MISSING, check any reference; close and open
    Access; then uncheck it again. This will force Access to
    relink the libraries.
    --

    John W. Vinson [MVP]
    Microsoft's replacements for these newsgroups:

    John W. Vinson, Sep 7, 2011

    Hi, John-
    > This appears to be the very common References bug.  Open any
    > module in design view, or open the VBA editor by typing
    > Ctrl-G. Select Tools... References from the menu. One of the
    > .DLL files required by Access will probably be marked
    > MISSING. Uncheck it, recheck it, close and open Access.

    I'm surprised I didn't see anything about a References bug during my
    searches! But your fix did work: in my case the missing file was >
    Utility.mda <. I unchecked it, rechecked it, closed Access then
    reopened it and ran the macro; the problem persisted. So the next time
    around I unchecked it, then closed and reopened, and the macro ran as
    expected.

    Thanks for your help!
    Dave O

    , Sep 7, 2011
  4. aauger

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Sacramento, CA
    Thank you, John! Your suggestions worked :)

    aauger, Aug 27, 2012