    For my job, I am frequently using many databases, and having to set
    the default to show tabs is a pain.

    Is there a way to jailbreak Access to let me set tabs as the default?

    Commish, Aug 10, 2011

  2. I'm confused. The default IS tabs: most people are looking for how to make
    the default the older Overlapping Windows approach.

    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele
    Co-author: "Access Solutions", published by Wiley
    (no e-mails, please!)

    "Commish" wrote in message

    I like having my tables, queries, forms, etc opening in the tabbed
    view.

    Douglas J. Steele, Aug 11, 2011

  3. Commish

    Commish Guest

    On Aug 10, 7:23 pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
    <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote:
    > I'm confused. The default IS tabs: most people are looking for how to make
    > the default the older Overlapping Windows approach.
    >
    > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele
    > Co-author: "Access Solutions", published by Wiley
    > (no e-mails, please!)
    >
    > "Commish"  wrote in message

    > I like having my tables, queries, forms, etc opening in the tabbed
    > view.
    >
    > For my job, I am frequently using many databases, and having to set
    > the default to show tabs is a pain.
    >
    > Is there a way to jailbreak Access to let me set tabs as the default?

    Well, that's not the case in my situation. I have Access on 3
    computers - all of them have the radio button for "Overlapping
    Windows" selected when I open any file. I need to select the "Tabbed
    Documents" radio button and then close and re-open the file to use
    tabs. I am accessing these options from the "Access Options" and the
    "Current Database" windows.

    Is it possible that because I am frequently working with older
    documents that they bering their own set of defaults?

    Commish, Aug 29, 2011
  4. Are these MDB files that you're opening in Access 2010?

    Douglas J Steele, Aug 30, 2011
  5. Commish

    Commish Guest

    On Aug 29, 7:43 pm, "Douglas J Steele"
    <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote:
    > Are these MDB files that you're opening in Access 2010?
    >
    > "Commish"  wrote in message

    > On Aug 10, 7:23 pm, "Douglas J. Steele"
    >

    > <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote:
    > > I'm confused. The default IS tabs: most people are looking for how to make
    > > the default the older Overlapping Windows approach.

    > > Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele
    > > Co-author: "Access Solutions", published by Wiley
    > > (no e-mails, please!)

    > > "Commish"  wrote in message

    > > I like having my tables, queries, forms, etc opening in the tabbed
    > > view.

    > > For my job, I am frequently using many databases, and having to set
    > > the default to show tabs is a pain.

    > > Is there a way to jailbreak Access to let me set tabs as the default?

    > Well, that's not the case in my situation. I have Access on 3
    > computers - all of them have the radio button for "Overlapping
    > Windows" selected when I open any file. I need to select the "Tabbed
    > Documents" radio button and then close and re-open the file to use
    > tabs. I am accessing these options from the  "Access Options" and the
    > "Current Database" windows.
    >
    > Is it possible that because I am frequently working with older
    > documents that they bering their own set of defaults?

    As a matter of fact, they are MDB files from the previous versions of
    Access.

    Commish, Aug 30, 2011
  6. "Default" only applies when you're creating the databases. Once they've been
    created, the interface is set. Since you created them in a previous version
    of Access that did not have the Tab view option, you're getting the non-tab
    interface. Afraid there's no option but to set it back yourself.

    Douglas J Steele, Sep 3, 2011
  7. Commish

    cyberman1

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Effingham, NH in the USA
    In Access 2010 - the command is:

    CurrentDb.Properties("ShowDocumentTabs").Value = False to hide (true to show).

    It doesn't take effect until one closes and then reopens the file.

    cyberman1, Jun 21, 2012