Access 2010 - and Tabs

Commish

I like having my tables, queries, forms, etc opening in the tabbed
view.

For my job, I am frequently using many databases, and having to set
the default to show tabs is a pain.

Is there a way to jailbreak Access to let me set tabs as the default?

Douglas J. Steele

I'm confused. The default IS tabs: most people are looking for how to make
the default the older Overlapping Windows approach.

Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele
Co-author: "Access Solutions", published by Wiley
(no e-mails, please!)

"Commish"  wrote in message

I like having my tables, queries, forms, etc opening in the tabbed
view.

For my job, I am frequently using many databases, and having to set
the default to show tabs is a pain.

Is there a way to jailbreak Access to let me set tabs as the default?

Well, that's not the case in my situation. I have Access on 3
computers - all of them have the radio button for "Overlapping
Windows" selected when I open any file. I need to select the "Tabbed
Documents" radio button and then close and re-open the file to use
tabs. I am accessing these options from the "Access Options" and the
"Current Database" windows.

Is it possible that because I am frequently working with older
documents that they bering their own set of defaults?

Douglas J Steele

Are these MDB files that you're opening in Access 2010?

"Commish"  wrote in message

Well, that's not the case in my situation. I have Access on 3
computers - all of them have the radio button for "Overlapping
Windows" selected when I open any file. I need to select the "Tabbed
Documents" radio button and then close and re-open the file to use
tabs. I am accessing these options from the  "Access Options" and the
"Current Database" windows.

Is it possible that because I am frequently working with older
documents that they bering their own set of defaults?

As a matter of fact, they are MDB files from the previous versions of
Access.

Douglas J Steele

"Default" only applies when you're creating the databases. Once they've been
created, the interface is set. Since you created them in a previous version
of Access that did not have the Tab view option, you're getting the non-tab
interface. Afraid there's no option but to set it back yourself.

"Commish" wrote in message

As a matter of fact, they are MDB files from the previous versions of
Access.

Joined
Jun 21, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
In Access 2010 - the command is:

CurrentDb.Properties("ShowDocumentTabs").Value = False to hide (true to show).

It doesn't take effect until one closes and then reopens the file.