Access 2007 "compact and repair" asking password

wand

Hi all,

I have a database in Access 2007 format, with a password. Usually after I
open and modify the database, I do "compact and repair" to reduce database
size without any problem. But last time when I did compacting, database asked
me for password. Even though I input correct password, it showed "not a valid
password" and won't compact database.

More strangely, when I open database exclusively to remove password, it
shows "Encrypt with Password" which should be "Decrypt Database" under
"Database Tools" tab. So I can't remove or change the password.

I don't know what is wrong here. It is appreciated if anyone could help!

Thanks!!!

wand

carp

Hello - I have the EXACT same problem and have been searching for a
resolution on this for quite some time. If anyone has some suggestions that
would be extremely helpful!

Thanks!!!

carp

I sent my database to an expert to look at the problem and all they could
tell was the file was corrupt. They told me they created a new databse and
imported the tables/queries/forms/reports from my corrupt databse and
everything appeared to reset. I have been using the new database for a few
days now and am able to compact & repair and reset my password. Hope this
helps you!

carp

I sent my database to an expert to look at the problem and all they could
tell was the file was corrupt. They told me they created a new databse and
imported the tables/queries/forms/reports from my corrupt databse and
everything appeared to reset. I have been using the new database for a few
days now and am able to compact & repair and reset my password. Hope this
helps you!

Joined
Nov 29, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thx alot :bow:

That helped.

super thanks carp I will try that myself thanks for ur help

"carp" wrote:

> I sent my database to an expert to look at the problem and all they could
> tell was the file was corrupt. They told me they created a new databse and
> imported the tables/queries/forms/reports from my corrupt databse and
> everything appeared to reset. I have been using the new database for a few
> days now and am able to compact & repair and reset my password. Hope this
> helps you!
>

> "Bar" wrote:
>
> > Hello did you get a solution on this as i have same problem
> >
> > "wand" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have a database in Access 2007 format, with a password. Usually after I
> > > open and modify the database, I do "compact and repair" to reduce database
> > > size without any problem. But last time when I did compacting, database asked
> > > me for password. Even though I input correct password, it showed "not a valid
> > > password" and won't compact database.
> > >
> > > More strangely, when I open database exclusively to remove password, it
> > > shows "Encrypt with Password" which should be "Decrypt Database" under
> > > "Database Tools" tab. So I can't remove or change the password.
> > >
> > > I don't know what is wrong here. It is appreciated if anyone could help!
> > >
> > > Thanks!!!
> > >
> > > wand

Joined
Sep 11, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I had this same problem but I managed to resolve it!

What I had done was, encrypted the front end with one password and the back end with another password after I'd split the database. So the front end wasn't able to open due to an error caused by entering the password for the front end which wasn't applicable to the front end. So I resolved this By decrypting (removing the password) from the back end and the database was then usable again.

Hope this helps!!