AC Ryan PlayOn!HD2 Media Player

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Xtreme Computing check out the AC Ryan PlayOn!HD2 Media Player, an easy way of playing PC media on your TC:

AC Ryan have almost hit perfection with the PlayOn!HD2 in my opinion, it does movie and audio playback very very well, I do have a couple of minor gripes with it as mentioned on the previous page and I would love to see these improved, AC Ryan will probably do a few firmware updates over the life of this product and I expect the gripes to be fixed. They are not major and not really an issue for me, but I thought I would point them out as they are little niggles you the readers should know about.

Read the full review here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ooohhh, i've been looking at getting something like this, I've bee nlooking at the Mini or HD2.

As it is i stream my media to the TV from the pc via HDMI, But i have no control over it, and the PS3 doesn't play .mkv files (lolwut?) this would be a perfect Media hub.... :D

Good review too, the guy seems impressed. I've very tempted by one of these....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which TV have your got, V_R? I know some can steam MKV's from a flash drive - I was surprised to find that my dad's TV can stream .mkv files from a USB port on the back!

If you want to save some £, you can install something like Twonky or PS3 media server on your PC and then stream direct to the PS3 :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I can remember the model # off the top of my head, but its a Panasonic Viera 37" 1080p LCD. No USB on hte side though... I thought about that after a mate did it on his Sammy.

Hmmmm, does PS3MS support streaming mkv's? I'll have to investigate...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah as far as I know the PS3 Media Server software can transcode MKV's - although I've not tried this myself so can't confirm. Worth a shot :D

Ask a Question