    ast Guest

    I'm trying to create a drop-down list where the user can select more than one
    value in the list, any ideas as to how?

    ast, May 6, 2009

  2. ast

    FSt1 Guest

    hi
    what kind of drop down? combo box? data validation?
    doesn't really matter. this type of control does not have multiselect
    capabilities.
    but a list box does have multiselect capabilities so you might want to
    consider that.

    regards
    FSt1

    FSt1, May 6, 2009

  3. ast

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Using Data Validation dropdown list.................yes.

    Download a sample workbook from Debra Dalgleish's site.

    http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017

    Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same
    cell.

    As written it creates a comma delimited list of selected entries.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, May 6, 2009
  4. ast

    PatriciaT Guest

    Re: Able to select multiple values in a drop-down list in Excel 20

    I'd like to use this (and did successfully a few years ago, that was then...)
    How do i get the code to run when in a specific cell? My worksheet has fields
    where i do want to restrict to one selection from drop down/validation.
    --
    Thank you

    PatriciaT, Sep 4, 2009