A Windows Vista Security Tip: Use Windows Update to Update all Microsoft Programs on your Computer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Security' started by tokjad@gmail.com, May 12, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , May 12, 2007

  2. Based upon your instructions:

    2. Type Windows Update and hit Enter

    I typed 'Windows Update' into an MS Word 2007 document and nothing happened
    for the longest time. Totally frustrated, I looked for somewhere else to
    type. I gotten lucky picking IE7, I guess, because up popped the the Vista
    'Windows Update' window, which had instructions to use the WU icon in the
    start menu. Fortunately, it auto started WU, so I didn't have to waste time
    looking myself.

    3. Click Get Updates for More Products

    My WU window does not have that, so I clicked on 'Check for Updates' for
    want of something better to do.

    4. Accept Agreement

    I didn't get an agreement to accept. Very disappointing..

    5. Install

    To install or not to install; that is the question

    --

    Mike Hall
    MS MVP Windows Shell/User

    Mike Hall MVP, May 12, 2007

  3. I took a quick look at that and another page and see the same vague
    information.
    So it is almost useless to a beginner and the experienced are more
    likely to know the information.

    Since the pages are full of ads, this seems more like spam than
    anything else.
    Similar spam by him is on other newsgroups.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], May 12, 2007
  4. Nicholas Hall, May 12, 2007
  5. Rock Guest

    Re: SPAM > A Windows Vista Security Tip: Use Windows Update to Update all Microsoft Programs on your Computer

    <> wrote

    --
    Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

    Rock, May 12, 2007
  6. mikeyhsd Guest

    Re: SPAM > A Windows Vista Security Tip: Use Windows Update to Update all Microsoft Programs on your Computer

    S P A M

    "Rock" <> wrote in message news:...
    <> wrote

    --