A very painful experience during this holiday season for me

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sorry to see that Quad, sad.

But that's why I'm not religious. Well, one of many reasons.

Ok, ok, I'm not going to start on one about religion, no need.

Unfortunately the acts of a few extremeists have labelled many as bad and whilst most people know this is not so some ignorant peeps will think otherwise.

Which is exactly what the terrorists want - to promote disharmony and dischord.

If you look at any religious doctrine's book - The Bible, The Koran, whatever, so many parts are open to misinterpretation and so many parts can be quoted to give whatever meaning a protaganist would like, that to my mind they are all a nonsense.

Ok, I've gone far enough, if I let my true feelings about religion shine through I will invoke hostility, probably.

Suffice to say, Quad, I feel for you and you have my sympathies.

Also note most peeps replying in your link are with you, which is encouraging :)

Reaction score
I do think that if man had not invented religion the human race would have been far better off.

historian

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Those comments must have been extremely hurtful to you Quad, but that person is demonstrating unreasonable and, unnecessary hostility in reply to a perfectly pleasant and friendly seasonal greeting. It says far more about the nature of the poster, sad fellow that he must be.

It seems to me that some folk will turn absolutely anything into an opportunity to demonstrate their own bigotry and lack of balance. :(

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Quad,

Remember what Forrest Gump said: "Stupid is as stupid does."

I hope you like my "Season's Greetings":

Oh, and a Hippy Happy New Year!
happywave.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thank you everyone, I tried to exercise utmost tolerance in my responses to the guy and I am glad that my efforts did not go down the drain. Everything actually boiled down to me and my reaction otherwise could have taken a bad turn.

I feel that I have come a long way in terms of acquiring the skills to deal with a situation on a discussion board and all credit goes to my presence here on PC Review and the friends here from whom I have learned more than you will ever know.

May you all have a Hippy Happy holiday!
:)

P.S: Urmas I loved it, soothing to say the least.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Anis

I am shocked, alarmed and most distressed to read what others have written to your Christmas wishes although is is encouraging to see that the majority have responded positively to you.

I went to my local garage yesterday and wished my Moslem shopkeepers Happy Christmas. Equally, I wish my friends of their various faiths 'happy' whatever they are celebrating on a regular basis. I am always most interested in other faiths and celebrations and know a bit about most. I eagerly send Eid and Diwali cards to friends and colleagues and have attended many religious ceremonies marking/celebrating various significaqnt life events.

I for one will always have the backbone to challenge any racist/facist/ political comments in response to one human being genuinely wishing another a happy 'whatever'.

So dear Anis I say to you Eid Mubarek [Happy Eid] although I know that that has passed a little while ago and I wish you and those dear to you a very happy 2011.

Love

Gabriella xx

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Anis, I am sensitive and have to analyse everything just to get a hold on where things are coming from , i would though in the end just pretend it never happened and just enjoy the moment and smile...best wishes mate :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Gabriella:

Yes I appreciate your sentiments and your kind wishes, you always do that just like you state in your post. I accept your belated greetings!

Rush,

Thank you for the kind response yes this too has come to pass and soon I will not remember it even happened.

Reaction score
Quad sorry to see what was posted.
Not everyone looks a life with 1 eye closed.
Hope you had a good festive period whatever you were doing.

From what i have seen & read your a good person, remember that.:thumb:

Ask a Question