    neck when you're sending out 50+ emails.

    Thanks in advance
    Harmeet

    Harmeet Gabha, May 5, 2004

  2. Harmeet Gabha

    Rob Guest

    I have the same problem after just installing SP3 to
    Outlook 2002. The third party program we use for email is
    Symantec ACT-Email (ver 6.0.3). Please someone come up
    with an answer for us!

    as

    Rob, May 5, 2004

  3. You may need to get an update for one or more applications that hook into
    Outlook. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], May 5, 2004
  4. The security dialogs that pop up when an application tries to access certain
    Outlook properties and methods are designed to inhibit the spread of viruses
    via Outlook; see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec. They
    cannot be simply turned on or off with a user option or registry setting.

    However, Outlook 2003 does not show security prompts on three specific types
    of applications:

    -- VBScript code in published, non-oneoff Outlook forms

    -- Outlook VBA code that uses the intrinsic Application object

    -- Outlook COM add-ins properly constructed to derive all objects from
    the Application object passed by the OnConnection event

    In earlier versions of Outlook, standalone users can use a free tool called
    Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) to
    click the security dialog buttons automatically. Beware that this means if a
    virus tries to send mail using Outlook or gain access to your address book,
    it will succeed.

    If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server environment, you can
    reduce the impact of the security prompts with administrative tools. See
    http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of