a problem caused by virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi,
I've a problem in my pc which guess caused by virus. none of my hard drives can't be defragmented and just show this message :
The Disk Defragmenter is not installed on your computer. To install it, double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon in Control Panel, click the Install/U

The Disk Defragmenter is not installed on your computer. To install it, double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon in Control Panel, click the Install/Uninstall tab, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

ninstall tab, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

I tried to fix the problem and used the method below :

• Click Start, type regedit.exe and press ENTER
  • Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ explorer \ MyComputer \ DefragPath

• In the right-pane, double-click (default) and set its data as follows:
C:\Windows\System32\dfrgui.exe
but did not work.
First I thought that it is caused by an error , but now there is 6 computers in my section that have this problem and I think it is a virus in my computer.
my antivirus is norton 2008 and it works properly.
it can't access any virus. just a few days before , w32.SillyFDC was removed by norton2008 in my pc.
thank you for your concern,
John

Reaction score
johnthomas said:
hi,
I've a problem in my pc which guess caused by virus. none of my hard drives can't be defragmented and just show this message :
The Disk Defragmenter is not installed on your computer. To install it, double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon in Control Panel, click the Install/U

The Disk Defragmenter is not installed on your computer. To install it, double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon in Control Panel, click the Install/Uninstall tab, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

ninstall tab, and then follow the instructions on your screen.

I tried to fix the problem and used the method below :

• Click Start, type regedit.exe and press ENTER
  • Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ explorer \ MyComputer \ DefragPath

• In the right-pane, double-click (default) and set its data as follows:
C:\Windows\System32\dfrgui.exe
but did not work.
First I thought that it is caused by an error , but now there is 6 computers in my section that have this problem and I think it is a virus in my computer.
my antivirus is norton 2008 and it works properly.
it can't access any virus. just a few days before , w32.SillyFDC was removed by norton2008 in my pc.
thank you for your concern,
John

Download and install the following Spybot Search And Destroy and Super Anti Spyware...in my honest opinion and a few others on here Norton is a pile of p**, and doesn't pick up very much..See what happens after that...If need be a repair install might be needed depending on what might be corrupt or damaged...

Reaction score
This error information pops up due to the reason that the Disk Defragmenter is not installed properly on your system. So, a user has to perform the logical steps to reinstall disk defragmenter.

*Spam removed: V_R - Spamming your website again? :rolleyes:

Hope it will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question