    anon Guest

    Is anyone else noticing a lull in virus attack activity? Today was almost a
    "normal" day.

    anon, Aug 28, 2003

  2. On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:29:55 -0400, anon <> wrote:

    > Is anyone else noticing a lull in virus attack activity? Today was almost a
    > "normal" day.

    Today I received one copy of gibe.b, and my first sobig.f (only one so far).

    I think my ISP was filtering sobig.f, but must have turned off there filters.

    Still, a very quite day. Spam is back to normal levels too, though.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    David W. Hodgins, Aug 28, 2003

  3. --
    I've actually seen an increase. Up until Wednesday, I'd recevied about 5 or
    6 SoBig. On Thurs, I recevied 9 total, and this morning I've already
    received 11 (out of 12 total new messages) on my main account.

    Andrew

    Hurricane Andrew, Aug 28, 2003
  4. anon

    John Coutts Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >Is anyone else noticing a lull in virus attack activity? Today was almost a
    >"normal" day.

    *************** REPLY SEPARATER ****************
    Yes, we have noticed a dramatic decrease: 97+ on Tuesday, 33 on Wednesday, and
    only 4 so far today (but the day isn't over yet). Some ISPs are filtering out
    Sobig.f based on the header information, but we are not. Since Sobig.f is sent
    direct from the infected machine, the only reason I can think of is that the
    public at large is slowly becoming aware and reacting to it. No one on our
    Network has reported being infected yet.

    During the peak period, we did see some malicious attempts to send the Sobig.f
    virus direct to our third priority server from 2 Dial-Up networks (Telus & La
    Cite Collegiale). There was also some overspill due to the first 2 servers
    being so busy, but the Dial-Ups appear to be deliberate as they were from
    different IP addresses within the same range.

    John Coutts, Aug 28, 2003