9800 GX2 speeds and comparisons with 8800 Ultra

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by Memnoch, Mar 17, 2008.

  1. Memnoch

    Memnoch Guest

    I have been reading on several websites about how the 9800 GX2 will be upto
    30% faster than a stock 8800 Ultra and some benchmarks that have been posted
    appear to come close to this although of course its hard to say how authentic
    these test results are. However my question is rather a simple one. Are all of
    these benchmarks run with SLI enabled?

    My point is I currently run two 1950XTX cards in Crossfire and I have found to
    my own cost how little software out there actually supports it or rather then
    ATI drivers I guess. With that past experience I am currently leaning towards
    an 8800 Ultra as an upgrade as I would rather have a card that works a little
    slower than a GX2 on 100% of my software than a card that runs a little faster
    than an 8800 Ultra on 30% of my software. And on the other 70% is a fair bit
    slower.

    Looking at some forum postings about it being a dual PCB in one card and not
    needing SLI support, this appears to be false so you still need to have SLI
    support on your chosen software. I for one can't be bothered with that gamble
    anymore.
     
    Memnoch, Mar 17, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    2
    Views:
    240
    owen420
    Jul 7, 2005
  2. NV55
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    375
  3. AirRaid

    G80 ~ GeForce 8800 pictures

    AirRaid, Sep 29, 2006, in forum: Video Cards
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    277
    AirRaid
    Sep 29, 2006
  4. AirRaid
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    293
    First of One
    Nov 10, 2006
  5. AirRaid Mach 2.5
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    275
    John Lewis
    Dec 16, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page