98 installation problem

Reaction score
when i clean installation of 98, i found a error disk problem. and 90% installation is stop.
when i use norton ghost and upgrade my 98 this error not coming up.
some days later i 16mb riva tnt pci graphic card installed and broblem is begen.
thnks
shazel

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You have a possible HD problem ... check it out using a program from your HD manufacturer.

;)

Reaction score
I think your main problem is probably using an operating system that is almost 10 years old!

Reaction score
How old is the Hard Drive?
Have you had problems with it before?
Everything OK when you Format & FDisk the HDD?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
tomsega said:
I think your main problem is probably using an operating system that is almost 10 years old!

I done a clean install of Win 98 a couple of months ago and it's working fine. Solely to play old games.

Got all the updates from the MS site as well, although I believe they're withdrawing support for it soon.

I'd agree with Mucks, possible hard disk problem, likely nothing to do with the graphics card.

I'd suggest formatting the disk with FAT 32 prior to installation, using the Win 98 boot disk.

Ask a Question