8 Pin 12V ATX PSU Lead

CSB

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry I havn't been around much, or been able to contribute to helping others instead of myself.

Had today off work so I spent an hour doing more to the new build (I thought I'd have it built by now but things keep getting in the way).

Installed the Corsair AX850 PSU, connected the 24 Pin ATX powere cable with just enough lengh to route it behind and in the direction I wanted it, then came to connecting the 8 Pin 12V cable which goes just above the CPU area., I need to take a different route with this one as there are front panel connections neatly managed aswell.

Well, I found out it wasn't enough lengh, so I went to try and re-route the front panel cables, but even after that I was still about 1CM too short (Yes can you believe it !).

I didn't want to pull on the PSU cable too much so I admited defeat. I now need one of those extention cables, but I want a decent one with a braided sleeve to match the Corsair sleeving.

Just wanted to ask if any of you guys/gals have any recomendations ?

Hope everyones doing ok.

Rob

CSB

Reaction score
Hi Evan, Thanks for the reply. I have had a very quick look and found one that looks promising on Kustompcs

But is out of stock on his website so would this be ok to use with my Corsair AX850 PSU and ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo.

What I'm saying is, would this product be a good quality or could a third party product lower the quality of the power going through when it reaches this extension and goes to the Mobo.

Some might think thats a stupid question, but I've never claimed to be einstein lol

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Hi Evan, Thanks for the reply. I have had a very quick look and found one that looks promising on Kustompcs

But is out of stock on his website so would this be ok to use with my Corsair AX850 PSU and ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo.

What I'm saying is, would this product be a good quality or could a third party product lower the quality of the power going through when it reaches this extension and goes to the Mobo.

Some might think thats a stupid question, but I've never claimed to be einstein lol

Unless they were made from goldd I don't see how maufacturesrs really differ. In escece they are still the sam roduct. I found THIS from one of your not so popular suppliars and its the same product.

Edit: Same thing at SCAN
I know FBS has given them praise in the past so I would go for tem.

Last edited:

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Evan, but blimey, how can Scan justify charging £3.99 for p+p, left it and have ordered from a seller on Amazon for £8.44 inc Delivery. Grabed the last one and now others on Amazon are trying to charge over £28 !:lol:. Are they having a giraffe.

I am now wondering wether to buy a 2.0 SATA cable or go for a 3gb SATA cable for my Sony DRU-880s DVD/RW Drive, as it didn;t come with a cable and all the others I have are already for other drives to be connected.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
You had a shandy or something? :p

LOL No you got my post before I edited it. I keep hitting } instead of ] when I do URL's or QuotesBad habbit, keep thinking I need to do uppercase.:wall:

CSB

Reaction score
The drive deffinately comes without a SATA cable, says what you get on the site and on the box, very surprising decision though as its a RETAIL box version.

The disc at least comes with Nero 9 which ain't bad considering I paid £18.99 in total for the product of Amazon. I remember buying my Antec system a DVD/RW Drive about 4 years ago, that cost £34.99. Prices have deffinately come down, probably due to Blu Ray. Or were we being ripped off in the first place ???.

We do tend to pay more for what we buy in this country when compared to many others.

Will buy a SATA Cable now, drive can go up to 150mb speed but no harm connecting a SATA 2 cable.

Ask a Question