6 Months Free Kaspersky Internet Security

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well worth a try out ... you won't be disappointed. :thumb:

:user:

Reaction score
I'm currently using NOD32 with ZoneAlarm Firewall.
Is this a better than them then?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
NOD32 is very good, so probably not on the antivirus front - it's just an integrated package. If you have paid for the NOD32 subscription I'd stick with that :) If it's a trial, then give KIS 7.0 a go afterwards and see which you prefer.

Reaction score
To be honest i have not found NOD32 to be that user friendly.
May be i was used to Norton for so long.:blush:
Will give Kaspersky a try though, after all it is only 6 months.:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've just finished a 30 day trial of Kaspersky all-in-one.

Now, I don't wanna rain on anybody's parade but the truth is - it slowed my system down.

I only realised this after I uninstalled it and suddenly my computer was a whole lot perkier (it was on the first system in my sig).

And sometimes I had to turn it off to get some downloads, I did find it a little intrusive,

And it didn't stop all the spam getting through.

And the fact it cost around £40.00 a year was another deciding factor when I decided not to buy it.

I really really wanted to like Kaspersky, I was going to buy it, but I cannot ignore what I've outlined above.

I'm probably a lone voice, but there ya go...

So, now back to Mailwasher Pro; Antivir; AdAwareSE; Spybot Search & Destroy; Windows XP firewall with Netgear hardware firewall and I'll probably try Windows Defender as well.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
My system dragged until I enabled fast network access and another setting I can't remember, the post with the info is in this forum somewhere though :)

Anything involving a network or internet connection really bogged down my PC until I changed the setting, I'd highly recommend changing it - as it made a huge difference for me :thumb:

edit: Found it https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3129318.php

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Aha. Maybe that was my problem.

Oh well, I'm still 40 quid better off :D
Naw, you can get it for under £16 :thumb:

As with most of these all-in-one security solutions there is a trade off, some are better, like Kaspersky, at doing their job with the least amount of overhead.

Then there is the old adage, get to know your software. ;)

Kaspersky will not be to everyones' taste ... I like it, it works exceptionally well with Vista. :thumb:

:user:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
I got kapersky internet security 6 retail version for £15 from amazon and that was a three user license for all the computers in this house, very god price i think :D

At the begining it did slow down the system but once i had tweaked a few settings it is all fine and now i upgraded free to KIS 7

well worth a try :thumb:

sol

Reaction score
kis is cool

:D well all i can say is yippee,i downloaded the free trial version & instead of my cpu kicking in when i know its not supposed to,its all stopped,poota real quiet & its actually working a lot faster than before
laughingsmiley.gif
so ime definately sticking with this & will definately buy it once the trial ends,just not sure whether its supposed to quarantine sas or not-which it has done & ive left it that till i know if its right or wrong :confused: apart from that ive found it easy to use,very fast & i can understand it which as you all know ime a total technophobe so that means quite a lot
laughingsmiley.gif
so thanks for this ime more than happy
bowdown.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've had the email from Kaspersky and downloaded it using the link provided, but the email didn't have the activation code, it just said 'Your activation code will be supplied to you in a separate email from 1st of August 2007' but I've not received it yet - is this the same for everyone?

sol

Reaction score
:confused:
Adywebb said:
I've had the email from Kaspersky and downloaded it using the link provided, but the email didn't have the activation code, it just said 'Your activation code will be supplied to you in a separate email from 1st of August 2007' but I've not received it yet - is this the same for everyone?

i clicked on the link then downloaded it from the email-then theres a box once it starts running that says start trial version & then it activates.not sure about downloading it from the link though-not much help am i :(

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yes you are my friend - looks like I don't have to have an activation code sent, it activates during the set-up :thumb:

sol

Reaction score
:D glad you got it sorted,thats the first time ive ever actually replied to a question as normally ime the one asking for help :lol: guess that reading through the archives has finally got my brain cells running again :nod:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Well actually I haven't tried to install it yet - I was just guessing from your reply that thats the way it will activate :D

sol

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Well actually I haven't tried to install it yet - I was just guessing from your reply that thats the way it will activate :D

:nod: well thats the way i activated mine after i waited for an activation code email :lol: yes i sat there waiting for an email then thought oh ok maybe i should just run it & see & hey presto it started.
just still not sure why its put sas into quarantine,ime guessing its because it sees it as a threat so will wait see if anyone has any advice.
good luck with it as mines working great

Ask a Question