Windows 7 32 bit windows 7

Reaction score
Will the 32 bit version of Windows 7 run all the programs that Windows XP will run? I have the 64 bit version of Windows 7 and many of the programs (games, etc.) that ran on Windows XP won't run on Windows 7 64 bit. Or is there a way to get these programs to run on the 64 bit Windows?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
no, there is no guarantee that Win7 AnyBit will run XP games/programs/hardware/shortware/anywhere ... try running in compatibility mode for games, 32 bit software should work fine

64 bit Win7 needs 64 bit drivers, that is all, all 32bit "programs" should, if the manufactures are worth anything, excluding a load of well known brands, they should run OK

Hey, there is NO word called, "compatibility" in computing ... remember that, and you'll do fine.

I run Win 7 64 bit, no problems. ;)

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
seafox said:
Will the 32 bit version of Windows 7 run all the programs that Windows XP will run?

Nope.

Some will work, some won't.

Changing from Win 7 64 Bit to Win 7 32 Bit is a retro step, a downgrade, and is unlikely to give you any advantages over running software that worked in XP but not Win 7.

Stick with 64 Bit, 32 Bit is now something of a Dodo.

Ask a Question