32 Bit True Color

I have windows XP I can only get 16 bit medium and 32 bit highest color for
my color options. All my graphics are not the right colors I think I need 32
bit True Color but my computer is not giving me the option. Can anyone offer
any help. Thanks

Bruce Chambers

New said:
I have windows XP I can only get 16 bit medium and 32 bit highest color for
my color options. All my graphics are not the right colors I think I need 32
bit True Color but my computer is not giving me the option. Can anyone offer
any help. Thanks

First, determine what specific make and model video adapter you
have. The most obvious places to look would be the computer's manual,
inside the computer's case, getting the information directly off the
adapter, or on the computer manufacturer's web site. Failing that:

1) Start > Run > MSinfo32.exe.

or

2) Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information.

or

3) Start > Run > DXDiag.exe.

or

4) Right-click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager.

or

5) If none of the built-in tools provide the information you want, you
can use these utilities to help determine the answer to your question:

SiSoft's Sandra
http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/index.php?dir=&location=sware_dl&lang=en

Belarc Advisor

Unlimited Possibilities' AIDA32
http://forum.aumha.org/overflow/aida32.zip

Lavalys' Everest Home
http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

Next, consult the manufacturer of your video controller, usually
via the manufacturer's support web site, to see if there are any newer
drivers for your specific video adapter. If there are, follow the
manufacturer's instructions for downloading and installing said new drivers.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

both at once. - RAH

Cymbal Man Freq.

If you have NVidia drivers (basic), you need to download an update for your
videocard from NVidia.The new drivers are in the 80's now. You'll get humoungous
new advantages with your card once you get those newer drivers installed. (Some
complain about the 80's series and are rolling back to the 77's though). Please
read and follow the directions carefully for installation.

"New with XP and need help" <New with XP and need
news:[email protected]