2003 web edition question

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Hardware' started by Guest, Oct 1, 2004.

    Does 2003 server web edition support Intel Xeon processors, or should I use a
    32 bit processor?

    Guest, Oct 1, 2004

    Bob I Guest

    Ah, Xeons ARE 32 bit processors!

    Bob I, Oct 1, 2004

    oh yes, of course,
    but will the web server edition utilize the EM64T? or would it make no
    difference if it did, performance-wise?

    tnx

    Guest, Oct 8, 2004

    Bob I Guest

    Can't say as it would make much difference based on this bit from Intel.

    "Intel© Extended Memory 64 Technology, or Intel© EM64T is an enhancement
    to Intel's IA-32 architecture. The enhancement allows the processor to
    run newly written 64-bit code and access larger amounts of memory. These
    extensions do not run code written for the Intel© Itanium© processor.
    Click here for a more detailed description of Intel© EM64T. Further
    details on the 64-bit extension architecture and programming model can
    be found in the 64-bit Extension Technology Software Developer's Guide."

    Bob I, Oct 8, 2004