    than one.
    Thank You
    Allan

    allan, Oct 21, 2004

  2. allan

    Phil Guest

    IMO, Just run one and keep it updated. Two may work, but more likely they
    will conflict with each other and you'll gain no extra protection. I like
    avg as nortons has to many probs.

    Phil, Oct 21, 2004

  3. allan

    Guest Guest

    Allan:

    Only 1 AV application should be active and running on a PC at a time.
    Having two actively running AV applications is contraindicated due to the
    heavy overhead and intereference between each other.

    Dave

    Guest, Oct 21, 2004
  4. allan

    R. McCarty Guest

    Best to stick with one "Real-Time" scan product. However, to cross
    check it's effectiveness, run several of the on-line scans available from
    the major vendors. Personally, I use Panda On-Line scan as it seems
    to catch things that others won't/can't.
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

    R. McCarty, Oct 21, 2004
  5. allan

    Neerav Guest

    i used to run norton antivirus (norton 02 and avg 6) together in my system.
    with both updated noront would catch and quaratine viruses that avg6
    wouldn't!

    nothing happend to my system's performance .

    Neerav

    Neerav, Oct 22, 2004
  6. allan

    Alex Nichol Guest

    allan wrote:

    >I have been having some trouble with Norton Antivirus but have been able to
    >do some things in the hidden settings of live update and other things to get
    >it to work right, I think. I am using Norton Antivirus 2005 on wxp home SP2.
    >I am wondering if there would be any troubles with running 2 antivirus
    >programs just in case my Norton keeps screwing up? I would also like to use
    >AVG free version but am waiting till I find out if it is good to run more
    >than one.

    The important thing is not to have two AV programs both running in
    real-time protection at the same time. I have AVG 6 installed, but as
    secondary to run as a second opinion if needed. I suggest removing
    Norton, and trying the one year free trial of EzArmor from
    www.my-etrust.com/microsoft

    Bournemouth, U.K. 8E8L.org (remove the D8 bit)

    Alex Nichol, Oct 22, 2004