100 of "the best" free games

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Looks good! Are there any on the list that you have played / any recommendations? I noticed War Thunder on there - I was actually looking at that the other day but didn't go for it in the end.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Looks good! Are there any on the list that you have played / any recommendations?
Well I've played Path of Exile, which is a darned good game, (I am told it is a little like Diablo.) It can be played solo, or teamed-up with others. The skill tree is quite complex, but nonetheless interesting.

I also still play Guild Wars 2 which now has a free version. There are some limitations with the freebie, but having said that, there would still be plenty to explore even in the core version. The only thing one would miss-out on, are the gliding (as in flying) abilities of GW2's Heart of Thorns extension, such fun stuff as ley-line travel and other cool ways of getting around.

When I get time, I intend to take a longer look at the other freebies on offer, with a view to exploring some of them. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Played Rift, Blade & Soul & Wildstar all in Beta, went on to play Rift (for a couple weeks) have also played ArcheAge (once spent £60 in 1 week, you do need to sub to benefit) also World of Tanks, World of Warships, (is better than WoT, (nobody talks about World of Warplanes, it's crap), Runescape and MechWarrior.

Currently play: LoTRO, Guild Wars 2 and when 'friends are online' World of WarShips.

Most, if not all the AAA games, like GW2/ArcheAge, really need you to "pay" to really get the most enjoyment from the game.

:user:

no need to go past page 2 ;)

Ask a Question