100,000,000 users

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
They must be doing something right.

http://www.avast.com/eng/100m-exist...=program&utm_medium=popup&utm_campaign=100mio

"Sometime between now and the end of December, avast! will record its 100,000,000th user

The lucky person will win an expenses-paid trip to Prague, Czech Republic, the home of avast!"

happywave.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
They must be doing something right.

Not neccessarily, ignorance can play a large part in people's choices.

Look at all those people who bought Mesh computers for instance... :lol:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
"Sometime between now and the end of December, avast! will record its 100,000,000th user

The lucky person will win an expenses-paid trip to Prague, Czech Republic, the home of avast!"

happywave.gif

Wow ! That's a very big number. And I was unaware that it was a Czech company. :eek:

Maybe I'll sign up with them again. ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Not neccessarily, ignorance can play a large part in people's choices.

Look at all those people who bought Mesh computers for instance... :lol:

Stood me in good stead since 2004 apart from last year when I tried out Kaspersky, which I found very good, but they want loot to renew and as you all know I'm struggling for loot at the moment due to me addiction.
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Let me state this:

1) I only use free AV and anti-spyware software.
2) I have used Avast, AVG and Antivir at various stages.
3) I have done extensive research into all 3 AV software packages.
4) I have observed real time scenarios of all 3 AV packages on various forums.
5) I conclude that a) AVG is next to useless b) Avast is fair c) Antivir beats them both and is a serious alternative to both NOD32 and Kaspersky.

Things change but at this time that's how it is.

I have no blind loyalty, I don't give a monkeys what the software looks like, I just want to feel secure knowing the software I choose will catch nasties.

I have often stated the above and I have often stated that if you want a real test of an AV software package's usefulness set up a test Windows OS on a hard disk then using each software package go browsing nasty sites such as Warez and pRon.

Then note which packages let you become infected and which packages stopped viruses and malware dead in their tracks.

I have done this, it's easy with a set of hard disk caddies, and only Antivir caught everything.

I will repeat this til I'm blue in the face but sometimes people just don't listen.

They exclaim 'I've used 'whatever' AV software for so many years and I've never had a virus'. That doesn't mean a thing, you could equally use no AV software and not get a virus. It's only when the blue meanies attack you that you'll find out how good your AV software really is.

Seek out a few reviews, read, you'll see I'm talking sense here.

But if you all like your AV software cos it looks cool, then be my guest.

Ask a Question