    if I boot from w2k setup, will if format just the c: or wipe the entire
    drive? will d: and g: still be there when setup is done?

    thanks in advance.

    jd, May 9, 2008

  2. Re: 1 hard drive , 3 partitions, will setup wipe entire drive or

    It will only format what you tell it to format. When the setup program
    inspects the hard disk(s) it will report what it finds and ask you what
    you want to do. That being said mistakes do happen and almost anything
    is possible when you install an operating system, if you value your data
    you will have another backup on an independent media.

    John

    John John (MVP), May 9, 2008