    address appears correctly in account properties several times. I am able to
    receive e-mail, but not reply or send new messages. Please help! This
    problem seems to have come out of nowhere. I have not changed any settings!

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005

  2. The error means exactly what it says - it doesn't like either your user name
    or your password.

    If it happened suddenly when it used to work - wait a bit (24 hrs) and see
    if it clears up. If not, check with your email provider and find out if they
    made any changes. Also - are you authenticating with the outgoing server?

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Jul 26, 2005

    The error wasn't about username and password, the error was about "verifying
    email address". I'm having the same problem as well. Can receive but not
    send. Have checked all instances of my email address.

    Guest, Jul 27, 2005

    Please help! I have spent all day trying to figure out why my Outlook
    messages will not send. I followed the advice on all of the following
    websites: Yahoo, Microsoft Outlook, Norton AntiVirus and tried everything
    but I keep getting the following error:
    Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com-Sending reported error (0x800ccc78) Unable to send
    the message. Please verify the e:mail address in your account properties.
    The server responded:530 authenication required- for help go to
    Http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html'

    Guest, Sep 28, 2005
  5. dara <> wrote:

    > Please help! I have spent all day trying to figure out why my Outlook
    > messages will not send. I followed the advice on all of the following
    > websites: Yahoo, Microsoft Outlook, Norton AntiVirus and tried
    > everything but I keep getting the following error:
    > Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com-Sending reported error (0x800ccc78) Unable
    > to send the message. Please verify the e:mail address in your
    > account properties. The server responded:530 authenication required-
    > for help go to Http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html'

    Your error messag tells you exactly what to do: authenticate to the outgoing
    server. This setting is on the "Outgoing Server" tab of your account
    properties. I can't tell you exactly how to find that, though, since you
    didn't state your Outlook version. FOr OL 2002/2003, click Tools>E-mail
    Accounts>Next, select your account, click Change, then "More Settings".
    Make sure the "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" box is
    checked.
    --
    Brian Tillman

    Brian Tillman, Sep 28, 2005

    wguru

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    OE6 2004 yahoo attachments dont go

    With verizon dsl, my OE6 accts are verizon and yahoo (w/yahoo default), but all of a sudden as of 11-11-07, any of my emails I tried to send w/attachments, failed, ref 0x800CCC78 (server rejected the sender's e-mail address).

    As nothing on my OS was the problem, called verizon dsl help line and they too tried everything. Until they called yahoo, who told us to delete my OE6's yahoo acct (which left only my OE6's verizon acct), then everything worked once more.

    Seems like verizon and/or yahoo did something they arent telling us. Just as likely one of em changed something and neother is aware of the issues, but yahoo might well be aware of it (based on their solution which resolved the issue).

    wguru, Nov 13, 2007

    rich1234

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well, I have the same error (0x800ccc78) in MS Outlook 2003 that started after I had sent out 50 emails. Now can't send any. Checked email setups, all ok including user name, password, deleted accounts, added new ones, added authentication, still have the problem. I can receive but not send. It also says outbound 550 mail refused, see http://help.rr.com/outboundemail but that didn't help, called roadrunner, they could not figure it out. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Rich

    rich1234, Dec 16, 2007

    wguru

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sort of an answer

    When written, my reply to the thread dealt with my particular circumstances, those surrounding the issue of my no longer finding any of my emails sendable, nor were any coming into me from my Yahoo acct, hence the less than definitive error number. My email setup then, had included two accts, my ISP's () and my Yahoo's (). After getting in touch with my ISP, thier tech led me to fixing the issue by having me delete my yahoo acct from OE6 (while retaining the ISP acct). Originally having the two accts worked, but in that it suddenly quit, I'm left to assume one of three things had occurred. Maybe he did something else on verizon's end, not sure mand don't think so, but in that I subscribe to yahoo's pop3 forwarding deal, I'm guessing that either my ISP, their server or else Yahoo itself (the latter I'm thinking) must have changed something w/o telling anyone. Again, what fixed the issue for me was deleting the yahoo OE6 acct and listing but one OE6 email acct (). Hope that's helpful.

    wguru, Dec 17, 2007

    bascher

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had the same problem using Outlook 2002 with Comcast. Out of nowhere I was unable to send emails.
    I found the problem. I went to email tools>email accounts>view or change existing account>change>more settings and after verifying I had the ports set for 110 and 587 I clicked on the Outgoing Server tab and made sure the "My Outgoing Servier (smtp) requires authentification box was checked and everything started working fine.

    Hope this helps!

    bascher, Oct 1, 2009

    pittnorthhills

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Brian,

    Thanks so much!! Comcast had instructed me to uncheck the box and here it needs to be checked! Thanks so much for helping me. This was driving me crazy.

    Eric Davidson
    Pittsburgh

    pittnorthhills, Mar 18, 2010