    I have been having all kinds of problems on the web. I keep getting Http:
    400 errors. I got one when I just tried to log in here to post this message.
    I have no idea if this is causing it, but has a problem. Please advise.

    SkatingFan, Dec 29, 2007

  2. SkatingFan

    Dave M Guest

    SkatingFan;

    First try this resolution:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=931849

    --

    Regards, Dave

    Dave M, Dec 29, 2007

  3. SkatingFan

    Mr Cat Guest

    Hi SkatingFan:

    To make this Cat happy, check your "date" and time on your computer. You
    might want to look at Dial-a-fix to resolve some of your other non-Defender
    issues:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Dial-a-fix.shtml
    Good luck and Happy New Year.

    Mr Cat, Dec 29, 2007
  4. SkatingFan

    SkatingFan Guest

    I have windows Vista and can't do the uninstall for Defender.

    SkatingFan, Dec 29, 2007
  5. SkatingFan

    SkatingFan Guest

    Date and time are correct.

    SkatingFan, Dec 29, 2007
  6. SkatingFan

    Engel Guest

    Hi Mr Cat,

    FYI

    Dial-a-fix is no ready for Vista
    - -- ---

    ANGER
    The worst tempered people I've ever met were people who knew they were
    wrong. —Wilson Mizner

    Engel, Dec 30, 2007
  7. SkatingFan

    Engel Guest

    I use the belt-and-suspenders mode. Make a Restore Point.

    As always, you should make sure that you have got a working system restore
    point before you run any test, download or install a new game, application,
    or software update, when you make changes to your computer.

    Whatever you do, (installing and updateting or unistalling) always as a
    administrator.

    You might try this.

    Go to the main Windows Update window and click on "Installed Updates" (on
    the left-hand side of the window, at the bottom), and then remove "Update for
    Microsoft Windows (KB931099)" (ºnly).

    Reboot. Reboot agªin.

    the Check for Updates button.

    Reboot

    I hope this post is helpful.

    Let us know how it works ºut.
    - -- ---

    ANGER
    An angry man is again angry with himself, when he returns to
    reason.—Publilius Syrus

    Engel, Dec 30, 2007
  8. SkatingFan

    Mr Cat Guest

    You are correct Engel. I should have realized it was Vista based on the
    description of the messages. I didn't take my cat nap today. Happy New
    Year.

    Mr Cat, Dec 30, 2007
  9. SkatingFan

    Engel Guest