£2000 to spend on New Computer.. Which one to buy ? And Where From ?

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the this website, I am looking to buy a top end gaming system. I have been looking around but not sure how best to spend my money.

I am really looking for a a system that is already built as I don't have the knowledge to build myself. Was thinking on the lines of AMD 4800 Dual Core, 2GB memory, 2 x 300 GB Hard drive and 2 x 512 Graphic cards (Poss xt1800 xd)

Not sure of cooling and fans etc or which is the best disc drives to have.

Really need some help in choosing, I don't want to spend this much and get it wrong !!!!!

Thanks Martin

Reaction score
As someone who bought from Mesh Computers and have regretted it from day one, suggest you stay well clear from them! However on a positive note for the money 2K should buy you a very good pc. Have a look at www.novatech.co.uk or www.dell.co.uk
I'm sure others will post info for you to look at and when you decide please post so we know what you decide:)

Last edited:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Ok if you want a top end gaming system i would not reccomend the dual core processor. Go for the top of the range single core processor. The reason is is that dual core chips are not yet supported by games so there is no benefit of running it and having a single core amd 4400+ compared to a 4800x2 is better on single core applications. as said 2k will get you a very nice system but i think it would be a waste to spend it all now. spend like £1000 now and save the other cash so you can upgrade the system in a little while.

Reaction score
2K is a lot of money to spend on a machine and will get you a great spec
nod.gif

How would you feel about doing a self build rather than a off the shelf machine?
You could get a top spec by doing it yourself and would have some change left for future upgrades etc..
And you would learn a thing or to along the way ;)

Cheers,

Rich

Reaction score
I wouldn't spend all 2k of it now. And definately think about building it yourself.

Computer industry moves faster than mexicans over the us border

I would do an insane £1000-1500 build, and save for the next big upgrades that will happen within the next 6 months

Reaction score
My personal PC was modded for me by Nsysonline. My company use them but on a personal front its the second one I have had from Nsys. The build quality and help i got was superb. Try this link > CUSTOM PC < and bear in mind if you dont see what you want, just ask... they do anything it seems.

Avoid Dell and Mesh (based on my experience - they are to big now and component quality is dropping through the floor, 3 new Power Supply things in 6 months for the Dell machine alone - gave it up as a bad job).

Reaction score
That's alot of money and you'll get more bang for you buck if you build one instead of buying an already built one. Which also means you'll be able to overclock ;)

Reaction score
2k on a PC seems a waste of money, unless your really into CAD or Programming and you need a quick PC. With Dual-Core coming along and talk of Quad Core next year the pc you buy for 2k will be low spec by next year.

Ask a Question