Zone Transfer Security Setting??

jacintoj@gmail.com

      2nd Mar 2006
I just setup a new secondary DNS server and one specific zone fails to
load/transfer from the Master. When I run nslookup from the server I
get the following message
The DNS server refused to transfer the zone corp.wrhambrecht.com to
your computer. If this is incorrect check the zone transfer security
settings for corp.domain.com
on the DNS server at IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx. The IP address is the
the IP address of the new secondary server. Can anyone tell me how to
check the Zone Transfer Security Setting?

Thanks
Jay

Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

      2nd Mar 2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I just setup a new secondary DNS server and one specific zone fails to
> load/transfer from the Master. When I run nslookup from the server I
> get the following message
> The DNS server refused to transfer the zone corp.wrhambrecht.com to
> your computer. If this is incorrect check the zone transfer security
> settings for corp.domain.com
> on the DNS server at IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx. The IP address is the
> the IP address of the new secondary server. Can anyone tell me how to
> check the Zone Transfer Security Setting?

On the Primary zone properties sheet, Zone transfer tab.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

jacintoj@gmail.com

      2nd Mar 2006
Everything there is already setup correctly. I'm allowing zone
transfers only to the servers listed in the Name Server tab and the
Seconday server has been added yet, I still can't get a zone transfer
to work.

Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

      2nd Mar 2006
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Everything there is already setup correctly. I'm allowing zone
> transfers only to the servers listed in the Name Server tab and the
> Seconday server has been added yet, I still can't get a zone transfer
> to work.

What is the IP on the NS record?
If this is a public zone and the NS has a public IP, you will have to use
the option Allow zone transfers only to these servers, and enter the IP of
the secondary.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]