your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls o

=?Utf-8?B?Qk9C?=

      31st Oct 2004
I keep getting a message saying
" your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
page. as a result the page may not display correctly "
I have tried everything !! MS says to reinstall IE 6, right !! I
can't uninstall it, so I deleted it, then used the IEsetup that I downloaded,
but it does virtually nothing.... SO, does anyone know of a cure for the
active X problem or, does anyone know how to uninstall and re-install IE 6
????
Also, NAV will not install, and when I go to any of the online virus
scanners, I get the above message......

Thanks

PA Bear

      31st Oct 2004
Copy/paste the following line into an IE Addressbar, click on GO, then
copy/paste the results into your reply:

javascript:navigator.appMinorVersion
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

BOB wrote:
> I keep getting a message saying
> " your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
> page. as a result the page may not display correctly "
> I have tried everything !! MS says to reinstall IE 6, right !! I
> can't uninstall it, so I deleted it, then used the IEsetup that I
> downloaded, but it does virtually nothing.... SO, does anyone know of a
> cure for the active X problem or, does anyone know how to uninstall and
> re-install IE 6 ????
> Also, NAV will not install, and when I go to any of the online virus
> scanners, I get the above message......
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Qk9C?=

      31st Oct 2004

;SP1;Q818925;Q330994;Q822925;Q828750

This is on a different pc.. so I have to type them

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Copy/paste the following line into an IE Addressbar, click on GO, then
> copy/paste the results into your reply:
>
> javascript:navigator.appMinorVersion
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
>
> BOB wrote:
> > I keep getting a message saying
> > " your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
> > page. as a result the page may not display correctly "
> > I have tried everything !! MS says to reinstall IE 6, right !! I
> > can't uninstall it, so I deleted it, then used the IEsetup that I
> > downloaded, but it does virtually nothing.... SO, does anyone know of a
> > cure for the active X problem or, does anyone know how to uninstall and
> > re-install IE 6 ????
> > Also, NAV will not install, and when I go to any of the online virus
> > scanners, I get the above message......
> >
> > Thanks

PA Bear

      1st Nov 2004
You're more than a year behind with your Critical Updates and Patches.
Please visit Windows Update ASAP.

I would *not* install SP2 until you have this current problem straightened
out (and the patches you're missing might just do that).

You can check and alter your ActiveX settings via

IE Tools>Internet Options>Security>[zone]>Custom>ActiveX

Resetting the zone in which you're working to its default (or putting the
problem page in Internet zone) might be something to try, too.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

BOB wrote:
> ;SP1;Q818925;Q330994;Q822925;Q828750
>

> This is on a different pc.. so I have to type them
>

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Copy/paste the following line into an IE Addressbar, click on GO, then
>> copy/paste the results into your reply:
>>
>> javascript:navigator.appMinorVersion
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
>>
>> BOB wrote:
>>> I keep getting a message saying
>>> " your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on
>>> this
>>> page. as a result the page may not display correctly "
>>> I have tried everything !! MS says to reinstall IE 6, right !! I
>>> can't uninstall it, so I deleted it, then used the IEsetup that I
>>> downloaded, but it does virtually nothing.... SO, does anyone know of
>>> cure for the active X problem or, does anyone know how to uninstall and
>>> re-install IE 6 ????
>>> Also, NAV will not install, and when I go to any of the online virus
>>> scanners, I get the above message......
>>>
>>> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Qk9C?=

      1st Nov 2004
Already tried all of the settings. One of the problems is that I can't even
do the Windows updates because it comes up with the activeX error message.
I guess maybe it needs a complete install. ??

"PA Bear" wrote:

> You're more than a year behind with your Critical Updates and Patches.
> Please visit Windows Update ASAP.
>
> I would *not* install SP2 until you have this current problem straightened
> out (and the patches you're missing might just do that).
>
> You can check and alter your ActiveX settings via
>
> IE Tools>Internet Options>Security>[zone]>Custom>ActiveX
>
> Resetting the zone in which you're working to its default (or putting the
> problem page in Internet zone) might be something to try, too.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)
>
> BOB wrote:
> > ;SP1;Q818925;Q330994;Q822925;Q828750
> >

> > This is on a different pc.. so I have to type them
> >

> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> Copy/paste the following line into an IE Addressbar, click on GO, then
> >> copy/paste the results into your reply:
> >>
> >> javascript:navigator.appMinorVersion
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)