'your computer is infected'

=?Utf-8?B?bWlqb2ludA==?=

      1st Jun 2006
Hi fellas/ladies, i've just had the unfortunate experience of my computer
being infected. A red icon with a white cross through it has appeared
together with a pop-up with this wording:
"your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection! It is
recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows
will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you. Click
here to protect your computer from spyware!"

I have full up to date norton security but though i click on the icon that
the pop-up points to (the red icon with cross through it) nothing happens
other than the pop-up appearing approximately evey 30 seconds.

Please can someone help me, to clear this icon and clean my computer.

Please!!

=?Utf-8?B?RW5nZWw=?=

      1st Jun 2006
Hello mijoint,
Without a specific name it will be difficult for someone to help identify it.

Follow this for removal
http://securityresponse.symantec.com...warequake.html

For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Еиçеl
--

"mijoint" wrote:

> Hi fellas/ladies, i've just had the unfortunate experience of my computer
> being infected. A red icon with a white cross through it has appeared
> together with a pop-up with this wording:
> "your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection! It is
> recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows
> will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you. Click
> here to protect your computer from spyware!"
>
> I have full up to date norton security but though i click on the icon that
> the pop-up points to (the red icon with cross through it) nothing happens
> other than the pop-up appearing approximately evey 30 seconds.
>
> Please can someone help me, to clear this icon and clean my computer.
>
> Please!!

=?Utf-8?B?bWlqb2ludA==?=

      2nd Jun 2006
Many thx Engel,
before i received your reply i read a few more threads from people with the
same problem (stayed up ALL night!) and downloading ewido anti-malware was
recommended. as a complete computer novice i tried it and low and behold it
worked. It cleared the virus and stopped the continuous pop-up..Many thx to
you and all those with advice from other posts..this is a fantastic community!
mijoint

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello mijoint,
> Without a specific name it will be difficult for someone to help identify it.
>
> Follow this for removal
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic47826.html
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com...warequake.html
>
> For the benefit of the community reading this post, please rate the pºst.
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Еиçеl
> --
>
> "mijoint" wrote:
>
> > Hi fellas/ladies, i've just had the unfortunate experience of my computer
> > being infected. A red icon with a white cross through it has appeared
> > together with a pop-up with this wording:
> > "your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection! It is
> > recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows
> > will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you. Click
> > here to protect your computer from spyware!"
> >
> > I have full up to date norton security but though i click on the icon that
> > the pop-up points to (the red icon with cross through it) nothing happens
> > other than the pop-up appearing approximately evey 30 seconds.
> >
> > Please can someone help me, to clear this icon and clean my computer.
> >
> > Please!!

Glenn Shumaker

      2nd Jun 2006
Sounds like SpyFalcon or a related app
"mijoint" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi fellas/ladies, i've just had the unfortunate experience of my computer
> being infected. A red icon with a white cross through it has appeared
> together with a pop-up with this wording:
> "your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection! It is
> recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows
> will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you.
> Click
> here to protect your computer from spyware!"
>
> I have full up to date norton security but though i click on the icon that
> the pop-up points to (the red icon with cross through it) nothing happens
> other than the pop-up appearing approximately evey 30 seconds.
>
> Please can someone help me, to clear this icon and clean my computer.
>
> Please!!
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0622-3, 06/01/2006
> Tested on: 6/2/2006 9:39:04 AM

=?Utf-8?B?cm5veA==?=

      27th Jul 2006
i have been having the same problem with that spyware. i have the Windows
Defender and it cannot remove it. any help?