XP won't boot and error msg of missing root file system 32\ntoskrnl.exe

Lyle Pfeifer

      25th Aug 2003
I can't get my computer to boot. It comes up with the
message it can't start because the following file is
missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.
Please re-install a copy of the above file. I can't get
it to go past the A prompt or move it to the CD rom?? Can
someone please help??? Thanks, Lyle...Windows XP home...

Sharon F

      25th Aug 2003
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:16:11 -0700, Lyle Pfeifer wrote:

> I can't get my computer to boot. It comes up with the
> message it can't start because the following file is
> missing or corrupt: <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.
> Please re-install a copy of the above file. I can't get
> it to go past the A prompt or move it to the CD rom?? Can
> someone please help??? Thanks, Lyle...Windows XP home...

Information about the error and suggestions for repairs are discussed in
this article:

Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware
Configuration Problem
Sharon F
MS-MVP/ Windows XP - Shell/User

Lyle

      25th Aug 2003

us;314477
>--
>Sharon F
>MS-MVP/ Windows XP - Shell/User
>.
>After pressing "R", I get the message Windows did not

find any hard disk drives installed on your computer. Lyle