XP won't boot after trying to dual boot with W2K

Karl K

      28th Feb 2005
Hi
I put a secondary HD in my pc in which I loaded W2K, therefore, I now have
XP Pro on my first HD and W2K on the second. W2K loaded just fine and works
good, but when I reboot and choose XP, it won't load. It gets to the
"progress bar" screen and stops with an error message saying that a file is
missing or corrupt.
Windows/system32/config/systemd

How do I fix this to get XP back? thanks!

Rich Barry

      7th Apr 2005
Karl, normally setting up a dual boot with Win2K and WinXP, Win2K has to be
loaded first. It looks like you installed Win2K with the first HD connected.
You could try using WinXP Recovery Console. Using the Bootcfg /scan and
Bootcfg /rebuild commands may get you going again. Anyway look here for
more info on that procedure.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...