XP Super Slow after installing Anti Virus Program

DoggedbyAntivirus

      20th Feb 2008
Recently, I installed Kaspersky Anti Virus Program on my computer. Nothing in
there documentation said anything about uninstalling my old Anti virus which
was McAfee. I looked thinking that would impede the new install of another
Anti Virus program. Now my computer is useless. It takes at least a 1/2 hour
to load everything up and I cannot get on the internet or do anything on my
computer. I spent three hours the other night trying to reload a previous
version before I installed the program and could not even get to that. Is
there someway that I can enter using safe mode or F2,3,4,or whatever to get
in and uninstall, load a previous version or something so that I can get my
laptop back to normal? Help Mr/Ms. Wizards!

MAP

      20th Feb 2008
DoggedbyAntivirus wrote:
> Recently, I installed Kaspersky Anti Virus Program on my computer.
> Nothing in there documentation said anything about uninstalling my
> old Anti virus which was McAfee. I looked thinking that would impede
> the new install of another Anti Virus program. Now my computer is
> useless. It takes at least a 1/2 hour to load everything up and I
> cannot get on the internet or do anything on my computer. I spent
> three hours the other night trying to reload a previous version
> before I installed the program and could not even get to that. Is
> there someway that I can enter using safe mode or F2,3,4,or whatever
> to get in and uninstall, load a previous version or something so that
> I can get my laptop back to normal? Help Mr/Ms. Wizards!

Kaspersky is a much better anti-virus program than McCrappy so keep that
one.
To get into safe mode- turn your computer on and tap the f8 key several
times while it is trying to boot this will get you into safe mode, once in
safe mode uninstall McCrappy if you cannot uninstall it then while in safe
mode do a system restore to a time before you installed Kaspersky.

--
Mike Pawlak

Dave M

      20th Feb 2008
How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the
McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe):
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocumen...107083&lc=1033
--
Regards, Dave