xp pc not shuting down

=?Utf-8?B?b2tlZWZlNTg=?=

      17th Jul 2005
i had pc in standby, when no keys or mouse would bring it out, i had to do
the 5sec hold power button in-since then, the pc appears to shut down with
appropiate clicks and pops, but the screen is still on saying windows
shutting down-but nothing else is running-you can hear everything is shut
off?-have to hold button to shut off--was thinking of pulling the internal
battery for a min?--what exactly does that do? do you just lose personel
settings?-help please? me luv u long time

Will Denny

      17th Jul 2005
Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site:

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User