XP Home Edition

TWF

      18th Jan 2009
I upgraded my hard drive on my home computer, prior to reinstalling Windows
XP Home Edition on the new hard drive, I installed Windows 98, then I began
the installation of XP Home Edition. At about 60+ % installation my computer
started giving me error messages that files could not be copied, and that the
Windows image on the CD was not valid. I was unable to complete the
installation of Windows XP.
My MS software supplier says they are not responsible and to contact MS. I
attempted to contact MS regarding the invalid (????) disk image and not being
able to reinstall Windows XP, but there is a charge when I enter my product
ID #.
First, this is a valid MS CD bought from a large retailer, and I had it
loaded on my computer prior to wanting to reload on my new hard drive, and
second, I don't believe I should have to pay to have this confirmed. Has
anyone else experienced this problem: not being able to reload XP?

David B.

      19th Jan 2009
You need to do some troubleshooting, the most common causes of file copy
errors during setup are bad memory, a bad hard drive, a bad CD/DVD drive, or
defective installation media, check the disk to make sure there are no
scratches or cracks.

Help Us Help You http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm

news:(E-Mail Removed)...