XP HOME TO 2000 PRO

anthony

      23rd Nov 2003
HOW DOES ONE INSTALL 2000 PRO ONTOP OF XP HOME EDITION
AND DO NOT HAVE A FLOPPY DRIVE TO MAKE A BOOT DISK ????

JR K Yoshikawa

      23rd Nov 2003
both of 2000 and XP dose not need boot floppy disk.
both of them can boot from cd and you can install from cd.
If your PC support cd boot.

"anthony" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:02d801c3b15e$3cb03950$(E-Mail Removed)...
> HOW DOES ONE INSTALL 2000 PRO ONTOP OF XP HOME EDITION
> AND DO NOT HAVE A FLOPPY DRIVE TO MAKE A BOOT DISK ????

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

      23rd Nov 2003
You can't upgrade XP to 2000, note. You should be able to boot from the CD
and do a clean install.

Also, please turn off your caps lock - it's considered "shouting" and makes
your post hard to read :-)

anthony wrote:
> HOW DOES ONE INSTALL 2000 PRO ONTOP OF XP HOME EDITION
> AND DO NOT HAVE A FLOPPY DRIVE TO MAKE A BOOT DISK ????

Bruce Chambers

      23rd Nov 2003
Greetings --

There is no "rollback" to Win2K.

If you want to replace WinXP with an earlier OS, you're certainly
entitled to do so, as long as you've purchased a legitimate copy of
that earlier OS. (Although I can't imagine why you'd want to.)

To replace WinXP with an earlier OS, you'll have to boot from the
appropriate boot disk, format the hard drive, and install. There is
no supported downgrade path or technique.

Simply boot from the Win2K installation CD. You'll be offered the
opportunity to delete, create, and/or format the system partition as
part of the installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the
order of boot devices in the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD.)

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm