XP compatibility checker

Trent SC

      3rd Feb 2005
I recall reference to a little program on the MS site which would check to
see if a particular hardware configuration was compatible with XP.
Something to do with conflicting hardware which will work quite happily
under earlier OSs, but XP is more choosy.

Ta muchly.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      3rd Feb 2005
Windows XP Upgrade Advisor

HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or
Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP

HOW TO: Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...t/default.mspx

"Trent SC" wrote:

| I recall reference to a little program on the MS site which would check to
| see if a particular hardware configuration was compatible with XP.
| Something to do with conflicting hardware which will work quite happily
| under earlier OSs, but XP is more choosy.
|
| Could someone point me in the right direction?
|
| Ta muchly.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

      4th Feb 2005
Do you mean Upgrade Advisor, #3 on this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/h...g/default.mspx

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/