XP client cant access Win2003 Server in same workgroup

Bhavtosh

      16th Sep 2009
i have 2 machines with XP and win2003 and both have manual IP in same subnet;
i want to access window 2003 via IE and also shared folders and vice versa?

both cant ping each other; i tried editing the host file in XP to access
win2003 but still no luck; my firewall is on in both and if i need to check
something here then kindly tell the sections to check.

they are in same workgroup but still no luck;

pls help

1PW

      16th Sep 2009
Bhavtosh wrote:
> i have 2 machines with XP and win2003 and both have manual IP in same subnet;

Please refine this statement. Do both systems have static IP addresses?

> i want to access window 2003 via IE and also shared folders and vice versa?
>
> both can't ping each other; i tried editing the host file in XP to access
> win2003 but still no luck;

If in the XP system this is the C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS
file, please quote the exact entry here.

> my firewall is on in both and if i need to check
> something here then kindly tell the sections to check.
>
> they are in same workgroup but still no luck;
>
> pls help

The IP address of the other may have been mistakenly blocked in the
HOSTS file.

--
1PW