XP can't show thumbnail previews of Photoshop PSD files

dixiedweeb

      10th Jul 2004
Windows XP doesn't creat image thumbnails for Photoshop CS
PSD files, only JPEG's. Any suggestions? I know about
using Photoshop image browser, but I need to see these
images in windows explorer.

Yves Alarie

      10th Jul 2004
First I would check the Properties of the folder containing the .psd files.
Right click on the name of the folder and click on Properties. Click on the
Customize tab. See what you have there. If anything other than Pictures or
Photos is selected as the template change it to Pictures. This works for me
but I am on PS 7, not PS CS.

"dixiedweeb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2ae6501c46683$d529eca0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Windows XP doesn't creat image thumbnails for Photoshop CS
> PSD files, only JPEG's. Any suggestions? I know about
> using Photoshop image browser, but I need to see these
> images in windows explorer.

Paul Ballou

      10th Jul 2004
Adobe apparently remove the ability to generate thumbnails for psd files in
Photoshop CS, I haven't been able to get the thumbnails myself since
installing CS. This may have been done to resolve an issue with PS as the
thumbnail generator causing Windows Explorer to crash.

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
control.

"Yves Alarie" <rd50@@pitt.edu> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> First I would check the Properties of the folder containing the .psd

files.
> Right click on the name of the folder and click on Properties. Click on

the
> Customize tab. See what you have there. If anything other than Pictures or
> Photos is selected as the template change it to Pictures. This works for

me
> but I am on PS 7, not PS CS.
>
> "dixiedweeb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:2ae6501c46683$d529eca0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Windows XP doesn't creat image thumbnails for Photoshop CS
> > PSD files, only JPEG's. Any suggestions? I know about
> > using Photoshop image browser, but I need to see these
> > images in windows explorer.

Yves Alarie

      10th Jul 2004
Thanks Paul. Good to know, but obviously a real pain.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...