XP asks for password

=?Utf-8?B?U29yY2VyZXIgU3RldmVu?=

      7th Nov 2005
On my computer there are multiple users, though none have a password.
Occasionally, if a user tries to switch users, log off, or if the screensaver
is activated and the computer is reactivated at the choose user screen, every
user now has a password (if you click a user name, it asks for a password).
This doesn't happen every time, and if you restart the computer it
disappears. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?
---
§ø®çë®ë® §*ëvëñ

TaurArian [MVP]

      7th Nov 2005
Depending on your version of WinXP:-

Right click on the desk top, select properties, select Screen Saver Tab.
Uncheck "On resume, display welcome screen."
or
Uncheck "On resume, password protect"

"Sorcerer Steven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On my computer there are multiple users, though none have a password.
> Occasionally, if a user tries to switch users, log off, or if the screensaver
> is activated and the computer is reactivated at the choose user screen, every
> user now has a password (if you click a user name, it asks for a password).
> This doesn't happen every time, and if you restart the computer it
> disappears. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?
> ---
> §ø®çë®ë® §*ëvëñ

=?Utf-8?B?U29yY2VyZXIgU3RldmVu?=

      7th Nov 2005
Sorry if I wasn't very clear... We want it to send us to the login screen,
but when it does send us there, every user for some reason requires a
password, when they didn't before. None of our user accounts require
passwords to log on. This doesn't happen every time, and it sometimes happens
when we simply log off or switch users.
--
§ø®çë®ë® §*ëvëñ

"TaurArian [MVP]" wrote:

> Depending on your version of WinXP:-
>
> Right click on the desk top, select properties, select Screen Saver Tab.
> Uncheck "On resume, display welcome screen."
> or
> Uncheck "On resume, password protect"
>

> "Sorcerer Steven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On my computer there are multiple users, though none have a password.
> > Occasionally, if a user tries to switch users, log off, or if the screensaver
> > is activated and the computer is reactivated at the choose user screen, every
> > user now has a password (if you click a user name, it asks for a password).
> > This doesn't happen every time, and if you restart the computer it
> > disappears. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?
> > ---
> > §ø®çë®ë® §*ëvëñ

      9th Nov 2005
right