The xp & vista in a same local area net;but xp failed to ping vista

ŵǷ

      5th May 2010
Hi
As the title says,the xp and vista are in a same local area net,but xp fails
to ping vista and the vista succees.I had shut down the both firewall,I do
not know whether other settings needed to be set exist, but I failed in
that.I want to know why
Thanks for your help in advance.

Jack [MVP-Networking]

      5th May 2010

Hi
Firewall instructions.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Windows XP File Sharing -
Printer Sharing
XP -http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_july2.mspx
Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing
XP -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Sharing between Windows XP and Mac -
http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web...file-share.asp
When done hard reboot all network computers and the Router.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...