Workgroup File - Access 2007

alison.justice

      23rd Apr 2010
I have an issue....and it's totally my BAD!!! If anyone could give me some
advise how to fix this I would be very grateful.

The place I work just recently switched out our computers and upgraded our
software from Office 2000 to Office 2007. I had created several databases in
the Access 2000 Version with securiity. So when I went to convert my
database to Access 2007 (this is the version I now have), it would not let me
convert because it said I needed Administrator Permissions. So I tried to
create new databases by importing my information from the old to the new, and
it would not let me import my forms because of again Administrator
Permissions, everything else came through but my forms.

So the DUMB IDIOT that I am I thought oh well I need to re-assign the
WorkGroup file to another WorkGroup to get rid of the old security
features....well here comes my problem I accidently assigned it to a file
that I stupidly thought was an Access 2007 workgroup with the extension
..ACCDU, and guess what yep to my amazement I now cannot even open up a new
blank database in Access 2007. It is giving me an error message that reads:

"Could not open table MySysAccounts in the WorkGroup Information File".

Can anyone tell me how/where/what/etc I can go in and change it back to grab
the old .mbd WorkGroup File?

Because I am obviously not very BRIGHT due to my recent
STUPIDITY.....unfortunately I'm going to need detailed (step by step)
instruction on how to correct.

I so appreciate anyone who can look past my ignorance to help me out.

Thanks
--
Alison

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

      25th Apr 2010
Alison,

Access 2007 ACCDB formats do not and can not use WorkGroups or User-Level
Security. You will need to find copies of the originals, and just open them
as MDBs. Also find the origninal WorkGroup file and rejoin that WorkGroup
and everything should be OK. If you don't have backups, you may be in deep
trouble.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com